We’re going to take a look at some maps in class on Friday to see how they can enhance journalism and whether they are journalism. You will find several examples on the syllabus under Week 9. Here are some additional examples.
In addition, here are some other examples:
- “Maps of the 2008 election results” (cartograms)
- “Mark the potholes,” Boston.com
- “Police log compliance,” Worcester Sunday Telegram, March 11, 2012
- “2012 Election Map,” WashingtonPost.com
- “In Climbing Income Ladder, Location Matters,” NYTimes.com, July 22, 2013
- Homicide Watch